Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Ministry Update

The previous month was one busy month. However, I thoroughly enjoyed it. There were continuous activities in campus, dinners with church friends and colleagues, preaching engagements, and a short mission trip. I’m now preparing for the next module of STCM. The BM school will start a week later. There will be weekend activities at every weekend, culminating with another short over-the-weekend mission trip (last month was up north but this month it’ll be down south). At the close of STCM, there will be several missions teams traveling to various missions locations. I’m participating in a team to Indonesia.

I hardly have time to work on my thesis. I’m revising the first draft & seem to be stuck at the concluding chapter. Anyway, my supervisor will be away to Africa for the next 3 weeks, so it doesn’t matter if I drag it a bit. But in a week’s time I’ll be attending the last classroom course. Yeah! Then no more classroom courses…as a student that is?!

There is one issue that I’ve been confronted with recently. If any of you can lend some wisdom, I will greatly appreciate it. I can’t elaborate publicly this matter but I’m questioning the lack of spiritual discernment on the part of several Christian leaders I know. I don’t know whether it is because I’m too idealistic, too futuristic, or too naïve myself but when a situation contradicts the Biblical mandate (or advice) I think it’s extremely foolish to pursue that matter. I believe the church should be influencing the world, however, many circumstances in the church today reveal that it is the world that is influencing the church! If God prompts you to think along this line, do share your thoughts with me.

Updating you briefly this month…SB

1 comment:

Alex Tang said...

hi sb,

you are right that in many instances, it is the world that is influencing the church. May God have mercy.