Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Adventures and Misadventures of Family

I just took a few days off to spend some time with my nephews in PJ. God created us to experience childhood and yet observing children is so much fun. My two nephews in PJ are so much fun. One is entering standard one next year and his younger brother is turning two in about two weeks' time. It was a special kind of feeling to be with a smaller version of someone who carries a part of me. I suppose environment makes a difference to how a child is groomed, apart from inherited genes. I guess it is true of God's word that children is a gift from God and parents are to be worthy stewards to raise them in godly ways. I reflect upon my own childhood and family relations. There are good and bad in those relationships. But I have decided to learn not to repeat mistakes. Instead, to learn from the past and improve on the lacks. I hope I am able to be a good aunt to my nephews. One that can impact them with godly virtues that will guide them in their lives.

Ministry is pretty relaxing. Probably because the Seminary is on its annual year-end break right now and I'm not very involved in church yet. There are work to attend to, but not very heavy loads. It's the time of the year where things go slow as the holiday season slips in. And as we enter into another season of Christmas, I hope Christians in Malaysia will once again seize the opportunity to make known the true reason of celebrating Christmas. For God so love the world....

No comments: