Monday, January 7, 2008

Entering 2008

For almost seven years, my off day was on Monday. I took the liberty to do every possible task on Mondays. The crowd is always small on the first day of the week. However, from this year, I'm returning to be "normal" with a regular Monday-Friday work schedule. It's difficult to get use to this. I have to "learn" to join the crowd and get used to long waits.

I doubt if anyone like changes. But if we do not change, we do not grow. Besides, maintaining the status quo will only lead to being too comfortable in our comfort zones which is ideal to breed complacency. I remember one important principle from the workbook "Experiencing God," by Henry Blackaby. This Bible Study material was so very popular in the middle and late 1990s. It says we just can't remain where we are and join God. We need to move as the Spirit of God moves. And this definitely requires change, constantly.

Joh 5:17 But Jesus said, "My Father has never stopped working, and that is why I keep on working."

No comments: