Friday, April 4, 2008

I'm Accesible, I'm not

It pretty much amaze me how some people who are in ministry, or at least they claim to be, can be so selfish. Perhaps it's the time I spent as a pastor that instill in me that ministers must be accessible to those we minister. What bothers me is to know that our newly elected ADUNs and MPs are publishing their contacts even in the papers but there are "so-called" Christian ministers who selfishly refuse to avail themselves to those they minister. Don't email me, don't call/sms my handphone, don't call my home...unreachable beyond office hours? Wow! Need to make sure any problem cropping up must happen during office hours. What breed of ministers is emerging these days? Seem to be like dead bolders that prevent mobilisation of the church!

I think Malaysians are still very caught up with political developments. I know I am. I've never been so interested in politics before, although I did a course in "Politics in Anthropology and Sociology" during my undergraduate years. The developments in the political arena has somehow affected every aspect of the Malaysian lifestyle. It somehow reveals to us that God's Spirit is moving in a "tangible" manner. I'm glad I have the opportunity to be living in Malaysia in such a time as now to witness "these." And I invite fellow Christians to keep pressing on.

SB

1 comment:

Alex Steinert Miles said...

Sweeb!
Kasi bagi tau siapa itu minister... Kita kasi dia curcify...
Tak layak jadi God's minister hor?