Monday, August 10, 2009

Tough decisions

It was a real tough decision that I was confronted with. It took much effort and tears to decide to remain in the BM work. But whether or not it should be from the platform of MBTS is all together a different issue. I had the last straw recently. If the head of the organization is supportive but I have a terrible colleague, I think I can continue on. If the head of the organization is not supportive but I have a good colleague, I can still continue on. However, when the combination is an unsupportive head of organization and a terrible colleague, I think there's no way I can continue on. I will only be frustrated every single day. Yes, I very much want to remain in the BM work and yes, I am pursuing this passion but, no, I doubt it will be from the platform of MBTS. There's more than one way to serve and I am opting for another platform to continue serving in the BM ministry.

Recently, I requested for a RM600 subsidy for a weekend trip for the BM students and there's no news of it at all after three weeks. An advance for RM500 was quickly approved, almost without the second wink of an eye for a weekend trip which involve foreign students. I was truly devastated by such a response. I suggested that we should get to know the people we minister before implementing anything new and this terribly arrogant colleague just snapped at me claiming that he has 15 years of field experience and he knows all there is to know. I have no field experience at all. I'm only a Malaysian, living in Malaysia, ministering to Malaysians. Cannot compare to an American ministering in the Asian field more than a decade!

Call me hasty, call me emotional, call me whatever. But imagine yourself in my shoes. Can you continue to serve with joy in such a context? It is too sad for me to have to make this decision. Most of the BM students are here in campus now and I have to hide this from most of them till an appropriate time. Is really a tough decision. Please pray for me. I greatly appreciate your partnership in ministry.

No comments: