Monday, December 7, 2009

Ministry Update December 2009

Tomorrow is my last day serving in MBTS. There had been times of laughter and times of tears. Generally, it has been a time of learning. The most important lesson learnt is that there is no difference serving in a secular capacity and the so-called sacred vocation. We are all still fallen human beings, regardless of whether we are Christians, Christian leaders, or unbelievers. So, I’ve learnt to just let it go when people wronged me because ultimately, each of us stands accountable before God Himself.

The next two months will be the time of transition. And I seek your prayer support to settle down in the new ministry. It is an exciting venture. One of huge potential and enormous prospects, to the extent that I am fearful considering how a little person like me is able to manage this huge job. Of course I also feel so very privileged because I know the Lord would not have called me into this capacity if He doesn’t think I’m capable of it. Please pray along with me along the exciting ministry of big challenges.

There will be a two-tier approach in this teaching/training ministry among the indigenous church. Basic training sends us into the interior while advance training brings them to town where it is more accessible to various resources. The basic tier is a channel almost anyone can contribute. There will be training of very practical needs – Christian and practical living skills. Even teaching children simple A, B, C is relevant. Even sharing the very little we have to offer is a blessing in itself.

I’m hoping that for the rest of this month, I can just relax and slowly go about catching up with my things. Also, I hope there’ll be opportunity to spend time with friends near and far. This Saturday I have a preaching engagement followed by a youth camp, well, is actually a young adults camp. Then, I’m taking a break to PJ after Christmas to spend time with family and hopefully can catch up with some old friends I recently re-met through facebook. The third module of PLK is scheduled for end of January. And we are also planning for a retreat in March.

Thank you for your partnership in ministry. I pray that we continue our networking as we grow together and build the kingdom of God in our generation in our nation.

No comments: