Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Ministry Update March 2011

It’s been a quick month full of activities. First, the CNY break where I “locked” myself indoors to escape the stress of Penang traffic. Just concluded last week was the SEA Anglican Provincial Gathering. Never thought I’ll enjoy an Anglican function but I did. Actually, I discovered that there are Anglican pastors from other diocese who are “fun” and it’s not all dull traditions. Don’t get me wrong. Traditions are good… if it serve a purpose.

Entering into the third month sees the start of the BM school in Penang and Ipoh. Not sure yet when exactly Gua Musang is starting their classes although the coordinator said it should be in March too. The Ulu Tiram center is still pending. The coordinator is busy being a daddy.

Later in the month (12th), I’ll be bringing a team of blind participants to an OA village. A friend asked in a surprised tone…what can they see? Anyway, I sort of forced them to play a role in the trip. 4 of them will be sharing their testimony and 3 of them are blind. I have a van load going and we will be joined by FLC to this “exposure” day trip. Please pray for us: good weather, logistics, those ministering (BJAC sharing to adults & FLC ministering to the children), the journey, etc.

The grocery store project at Pawong is apparently doing well. Stock is already running low. But I’ll go see the place and study the needs before I update further. Anyone interested to partner development work with the OA community? There are several other projects needing partnership with urban church/individuals. Pray over it and let me know. A little monetary investment from our part is a huge contribution to them. I have 2 chicken projects pending needing investment of approximately RM5000 a year for 2 years. These are all located within Perak/Pahang and we can go visit anytime.

Kindly pray also for the Bible translation workshop scheduled for early June by Bible Society of Malaysia. It was postponed from December last year. As we all know there is a tremendous need for contemporary and contextualized translation into Bahasa Malaysia. The present one, the only version, is not accurate at all and Malaysians have been relying on Indonesian bibles in BM services/churches.

Well, once again let me end with this familiar quote…

PHP 1:3 I thank my God every time I remember you.

Thank you for your partnership in ministry.

No comments: