Saturday, July 7, 2012

Ministry Update July 2012


It’s been pretty relaxing entering the second half of the year. Having completed my dissertation draft end of May, I now wait for my supervisor’s comments n feedback for further modification n amendments to the draft. I doubt I can graduate end of this year. It’s been more than a month n my supervisor has not completed going through my dissertation of over 300 pages. Well, I can’t blame him. Over 300 pages…Anyway, it is the Lord who ordains the times n seasons. So, whether I graduate this year or next, it is the Lord who ordains it.

Tomorrow I’m going into the jungle. Just a short trip. Nevertheless, it is a trip I look forward to; I always look forward to visiting the “jungle.” I never know why because I was conceived, born, raised, n living in the city. I’m a pure-bred urban freak yet the Lord knows me better n He knows the jungle has a special place in my heart. I’m considering moving to the jungle upon my “retirement.” One factor that contributes to this is the meager pay as a church worker which surely cannot support an urban lifestyle at retirement. But it is more of the lure of the wild n nature; the closeness to creation; the whisper that speaks of the handiwork of God, untainted by modernity.

Plz join me to pray for the BM Bible School. In theory our partnership with STM is accepted but it is the administrative formality that is dragging it officially. Again, I believe it is the Lord who will ordain the right time n season. June n July are relaxing months. Perhaps, again this is ordained by God. August is pretty packed – one week the SAM Ipoh students will hold their class in Penang; one week in Ipoh for another class with SAM Ipoh; one week in Kajang for the annual Anglican Synod followed by a short break (holiday?) visiting Klang Valley. Anyway, I need to “corner” some people during the Synod to push for SAM-STM partnership progress n to start planning for SAM 2013.

Once again, thank you that I hv this privilege of partnership with all of you to serve God in the capacity of the OA ministry.


No comments: