Saturday, April 5, 2014

Ministry Update Mar/Apr 2014



We hv completed the first quarter of the year. The months r completing so fast I forgot it’s time to update my prayer partners on my ministry progress.

SAM progress: The diploma class in Ipoh will hold its second class next week. There’s no new intake for this year but we hv 4 prospective graduates. The certificate class in Ipoh is still in the “wilderness” as I’ve yet to hear any progress from my colleague regarding my proposal for her to amend the course schedule to enable prospective graduates to complete all compulsory courses. In Penang, the first class (of the year) is on-going as the teacher is only available to teach on Mondays, therefore class is held only once a week which will stretch all the way to early May.

Plz pray for my one-week class in Malaysian Evangelical College (MEC), scheduled after Easter. This is a SIB Bible School in Miri. I’ll be teaching on Youth Ministry from the Missiological Perspective. I’m still not sure whether the class will be in English or in BM. The main medium in this college is English though they do hv BM classes. But for this class, which will be opened to public (churches), we will hv to consider the majority of registered students. So, the class material is in English but the class may be in BM. Plz pray for me – this is the first time for such a “confusing” state of languages used in a class.

OA ministry: Last weekend the AIMC team went to Sg Poh n Kepayang; the men stayed in Sg Poh to help build/repair drainage beside the church while the ladies climbed a 35mins hike to Kepayang to minister to the church there. At the last minute, we were told the ppl in Kepayang cannot receive us bcoz many villagers were sick – down with fever. However, we simplified our visit by just giving gifts to the children n pray for the sick adults.

My studies: Hope can (finally) graduate this year. It’s been a big adjustment as I do not know my (new) supervisor n do not know what to expect. But we r progressing ok, I suppose. Plz pray for me. I really feel that I owe it to all my students, supporters/sponsor, n ministry partners to complete my studies this year. The next degree can come later I suppose. This completion is way, way over due.

The MI-CPE program is progressing ok. My team consists of 4 other participants n we learn from each other. It’s been good fellowship at each session, thus far, though is pretty tiring – whole day session.

My nephew: Had started home schooling in Kajang. He’s a bit slow n started at a lower level than others his age but is good that he can progress at his own pace. Plz continue to pray for the staff in OneWay Home to minister to him.

Once again, thank you for your partnership in ministry.

SB
4Apr14

No comments: