Saturday, July 29, 2017

Ministry Update July/Aug 2017



One student asked me recently, considering that I often “poke fun at the Anglican church” will I consider serving elsewhere. Actually, that question caught me by surprise. I didn’t realize it was that obvious that I’ve been “poking fun” or rather being critical of the Anglican Church. My reply? I told her, as long as God wants me here, I will be here till He instructs me elsewhere. Guess what? I was surprised at MY REPLY! I m still reflecting on why I am serving on the platform of the Anglican Church. It’s been seven years. It has ALWAYS been because of the OA ministry. But today I stand at a cross-road – spiritually. I hv been anticipating a change in ministry/spirituality since the start of this year n the waiting has not been easy. Recently, during one Sunday worship when I visited a local church, I was convicted to re-visit the discipline of fasting – huh? This is Penang leh...but I comply. Once a week till the Lord tells me to stop. And I hope He instructs me to stop soon. I so need a certainty of the direction of my ministry. So, why am I in the Anglican Church? I m still waiting – I’m sure it has to be more than the OA ministry. To learn conformity, perhaps? For a born rebel like me who is “obsessed” with doing things differently? But I’m certainly not learning my lesson.

July was a slow month. The class in SAM Pg Prai began with Theology II. The class in SAM Pg SP attempted the intensive approach with the TOPAD study. I “cut-short” my sessions from 5 to 4 days. SP was “boring” for whatever reason, I wasn’t able to work comfortably when not in class. It could be the type of music/environment in the malls where I took “work” to during the day. Food wasn’t as good too. Still have August to prepare September n October classes as it is going to be another pretty monotonous month.

The intensive diploma class in SAM Ipoh in July did not go well. Although 8 registered, only 4 turned up. Please pray for our team as we plan to meet with the OA students to find out what it is that is de-motivating them to commit. It’s been bothering me. In fact, been having  sleepless nights n hyper active thinking over it as I tossed n turned at most nights. To be honest, I’ve been asking the Lord if I’ve “lost it” n ought to consider doing something else. Or am I missing “some thing, some where...”? Is lonely here, terribly lonely...

A small-scale Bible School in Sabah (KK n Pitas) is considering partnering us. SAM South is still in planning. Do pray with us as we explore these two possibilities.

Greatly appreciate your partnership in prayer for us. Thanks

SB

No comments: