Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Ministry Update AprMay19


So I’m into drinking “adult beverages”? It was a cheeky post on my FB wall, a picture of a 3-inch souvenir bottle of whisky from my tour of a distillery in Scotland two years ago. The responses told me who actually drink (hard liquor) and how many actually “know me.” I have deleted that post. Apparently, it’s “insensitive,” whatever that means.

April saw several movements. It began with a roadshow in JB/Pasir Gudang for the BM stream. Then there was a brief visit back Penang during the Good Friday weekend for mommy related matters. Coming back was a 4-day intensive class for some students requesting it n last Sunday was AGM in church.

I m looking forward to May. It began with a simple PG outing of JJCM (Jalan-jalan Cari Makan) then LPI certification training which will take 2 full-days in PJ. Semester 1 will conclude by end of next week n my team will fly 3.5 hours to Makassar for a mission trip. We will spend about a week there, ministering in both urban n rural contexts. Do remember us in prayer. There will be 5 of us in the team: myself n 4 students. Pray also for the local team that we will mutually bless each other along the one week we are there. It will be a quiet campus when we come back as it will be the first semester break till first week of June. But I hv a ministry engagement in JB last weekend of May. The BM class retreat is planned during the Raya holidays n we will be in PD for some “we time.”

SAM Penang in Prai is wrapping its first course n the next course will begin sometime in July I think. We will hold one intensive 1-week course as a trial-run. SAM Ipoh…I hv no idea what’s going on there with its participants a bit on the “unmotivated” mode. A few are joining the Tapah center but even that, not all of them are interested to submit the course requirements. Please pray with me for them. In particular the leaders as motivation should come from the top. The next class in Tapah is scheduled for mid May. It will take place during the time I’ll be away in Makassar, thus, I hv to give this one a miss. The local coordinator will attend to all its logistics. Pray that the 50 over participants who attended the module in early March will come again n motivated to complete the program.

Kindly join me to pray for the BM theological education ministry. The prospects are huge but few are capturing the passion n the vision. I invite you to be a part of this exciting ministry. Get acquainted with us because “tak kenal, maka tak cinta.”

Once again, thank you for your partnership in ministry

SBTAN
010519

No comments: