Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Ministry Update FebMarApril 2020



Yes, I forgot to report my ministry update earlier. It was one week into March before I realized I forgot. I thought I’ll just lump it into the next report but God “disciplined” me as the partial lockdown “forced” me behind the computer most of the time.

January n Feb were “sction-packed” with many movements. It was the start of the academic term and I accompanied the first year students to visit churches from various denominations as part of their orientation. There was CNY, teaching/preaching engagements. In February my in-campus class visited an OA village in Lenggeng, about 40 mins away from Seremban. End of February was our faculty colloqiuim. March came pretty quickly and the DWM had their annual clergy/deaconesses retreat followed by two weekends in Kampar for BM TEE classes. Just as we were about to begin the second half of first semester, we were instructed to partially lock-down. And here I am exploring options to conduct classes through the internet/online.

So everything is postponed n these two weeks (14 days) everyone is instructed to self-isolate as much as possible. Today marks the first day of such confinement but here I am in my office. Well, it feels like coming to work on a Saturday. Campus is quiet n my radio is blasting. Many are finding it hard to adjust. But really, this restriction is good for me as it literally “forced” me to discipline myself to grade assignments, explore alternative teaching approaches, writing this report, pray more (n fervently). While we are distancing from “risky” locations, there are health workers who still bravely travel to the frontline each day to attend to the health of everyone of us. Do remember to pray for all health workers n pray for the blood of the Lamb to cover them to protect every inch of their bodies. Yes, I feel deeply because my sister is a medical doctor. The anxiety is real.

With the limited physical contact and view of each other, let us spend more time in the presence of an all-seeing God who is unseen to us but is as real as you n I. While we attend to our work with uncertainties of every plan beyond March, pray that God’s purpose will be accomplished. We hv two mission trips planned in early May n early June – there is a restriction from a host church in Sabah but it is only till mid April. However, the host church in the interior of Gopeng is cautioning our visit in early June n it may be cancelled. Please pray together as this is the burden and urgency of all of us in this season

Thank you for your partnership in ministry
TSB

No comments: