Friday, July 30, 2021

Ministry Update July-August 2021

 

Can it be so easy to erase 3 months from my life? I wish that like this word processor software, Ican delete 3 months – May, June, n July from 2021! On 3rd May my mom had a stroke n the whole month was one of anxiety until she left us on 29th. Two months on and I am still grieving. In my grieve, the Lord reminded me of what He told me in April when I visited her in Penang. Even as I contemplate on the many “what if” moments, it cannot change what the Lord had ordained to happen on 29th May. As I continue to grieve, yes, it is commonly known that time will heal, another loss occurred. A dear friend in the prime of her life n career, so full of potential but the big C picked a fight with her. Though she lost the fight, her well-lived life was one that glorified God. She was cheerful, careful to hide her pain that only an observant eye could see. I am still grieving over the loss of my mother and it is still fresh emotionally – the utmost pain unexpressable. I cannot imagine the pain of my dear friend's 4 small children. “Count your blessings,” the Lord said. I had my mother for 53 years. These girls had their mother for just 10-20 years.

 

Now I understand why ancient people cut themselves when they mourn. Internal pain hurts so much that perhaps a physical pain can adequately express it. This is a season of so much uncertainty. Friends hurting around me because their loved ones contracted COVID. One has everyone in his immediate family down with C19 n I m as anxious as himself of his family's daily developments. Is this ever going to end? When we read a story, we can read till the end. Right now in the midst of a story, when is the end? It has been a bitter sweet time – bitter because we see huge numbers of C19 cases reported each day, death by COVID increase in numbers, the deteriorating economy n people affected by it one way or the other. Besides all these is a super messy government. But it is sweet that people are rising up in unity to volunteer, to reach out a helping hand – across barriers of race n religion. I believe a post-COVID Malaysia will be a wonderful Malaysia. Perhaps this is the very great wonder God is preparing for us to witness.

 

Yea, old people like to nag and tell stories. That's what I m doing right now. I m pleased to share that SAM Prai will graduate 3 students with diploma this year n one with certificate in Christian Ministry. Prai is the only “urban” center. The rest are teaching outreaches in the interior where there is no access to internet facility. Because of that, classes are on hold these two years except for Prai that can proceed online. Please continue to pray for the OA ministry. Physical classes are on hold till the pandemic can be over. In the meantime, risks are taken as workers reach out to the interior. Do join us to pray for these efforts.

 

Thank you for your partnership in ministry

 

TSB

290721

No comments: