Sunday, March 4, 2007

Ministry Update March 2007

I’m never a morning person. Having to wake up early is a drag. I prefer staying up late but never to wake up early. Because of that I was pretty worried when I was asked to lead the dawn prayer meeting in campus. They meet at 7am on every Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. I stayed in campus hostel the day before so that I don’t have to wake up super early & drive through dark streets under the moonlight zig-zagging through the mountainous road to campus. And it was a great meeting. I did a little sharing & led a corporate repentance for ignoring our cousins and denying them the Good News. I appointed a few students to represent several people groups to pray for God’s forgiveness and I also asked a few foreign students to represent their nation to accept forgiveness of how Malaysians had treated them. I did not think I did a good job, yea – maybe I’m a bit of a perfectionist, after all, my secondary temperament is melancholy. But the response amazed me. One after another came to me to express how touched they were – both local and foreign students. Some even caught the passion to pursue further in such prayer and there are talks about planning an all-night prayer. So, please join me in prayer as we press in for a spiritual breakthrough at MBTS. I can feel it in my bones that we are coming near to a time of a great out-pouring of God’s power upon us. Where else is more strategic than the place where God had given the mandate to train leaders for His church? Please pray for Dr L, Amanda & myself to press on for a spiritual breakthrough in campus

At the same time last week, a Korean intercessory team was here. Several more are coming, from Korea and from America. Praise God that Penang is going to be so saturated by prayers! Great things are in store. I am very excited.

In a week’s time I’ll be teaching a week-long intensive course in BM. The very first time teaching the Bible in BM. Please pray for me. It’s not easy trying to converse/teach in a language with different Biblical terms. Pray for my students who are ministering in this language.

Pray for Michael S & myself as we launch the youth work at GBC South. I carry the conviction that youth today are leaders of today and this is Biblical. And youth work is not merely a “babysitting” ministry or an extension of children work. It is a distinct ministry of raising individuals at the cross road of childhood and adulthood. In fact, it is pretty much a “cross-cultural” effort.

Also, please pray for my thesis. I have started the initial ground research and I’m probably steering it into a narrower path to focus more on qualitative implication of data collected. And it’s a bit more focus than previously. I also need to consider its “sequel” because I’m extending the same topic into a dissertation.

Finally, thank you for your partnership in ministry. God is good all the time & all the time God is good.

No comments: