Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Your Promise Lord, is Like the Dawn of Each Day


JANJI-MU SEPERTI FAJAR
Ketika ku hadapi kehidupan ini, When I face this life,
Jalan mana yang harus ku pilih, And question the way I should chose,
Ku tahu ku tak mampu, I know I'm not capable,
Ku tahu ku tak sanggup, I know I'm not able,
Hanya Kau Tuhan, tempat jawapan-ku. Only You Lord has my answers.

Aku pun tahu ku tak pernah sendiri, I know I'm never alone,
Sebab Kau Allah yang mengendong-ku, You're a God who carries me,
Tangan-Mu membelai-ku, Your hand gently caressing me,
Cinta-Mu memuaskan-ku, Your love satisfies me,
Kau mengangkat-ku ke tempat yang tinggi. You lift me to a higher place.

Janji-Mu seperti fajar pagi hari, Your promises Lord is like the dawn of a new day,
Yang tiada pernah terlambat bersinar, It's never too late to shine,
Cinta-Mu seperti sungai yang mengalir, Your love is like a flowing stream,
Dan ku tahu betapa dalam kasih-Mu. And I know how deep is your love.

This song especially, and several others have been playing over and over in my head for the last couple of days, or weeks. I'm captivated by the passion of the carefully crafted words of the writer who seeks after God and being assured of His promises that will never come too late. If you listen to its original singer who sings with much passion, you will also want to listen to it - over and over again. My earlier blog entry actually gave links to the YouTube video of these songs. The one song that sings itself constantly in my head these couple of days is sung by the same singer. This is the song:

SEPERTI YANG KAU INGINI
Bukan dengan barang fana Not with perishable things
Kau membayar dosaku You have paid for my sins
Dengan darah yang mahal But with precious blood
Tiada noda dan cela Without dirt and fault
Bukan dengan emas perak Not with gold or silver
Kau menebus diriku You redeemed me
Oleh segenap kasih But with complete love
Dan pengorbananMu And Your sacrifice

Kutelah mati dan tinggalkan I have died and left behind
Cara hidupku yang lama My old ways of life
Semuanya sia-sia dan tak berarti lagi They are useless and meaningless
Hidup ini kuletakkan This life I lay
Pada mezbahMu ya Tuhan At Your altar oh God
Jadilah padaku seperti yang Kau ingini
Made me to be as You desire

What captivated me most about the lyrics is the chorus that echoes my desire to die to my old self because those things no longer hold any meaning. They are all useless. And this life I lay at the altar of God, asking Him to mold me as He wants.

This morning, I led the dawn prayer meeting in campus. I must confess that I am sieged by the conviction of personal revival. This is a recent revelation I received as I meditated on the theme for the morning prayer. I want to be more in love with God. I want to receive a fresh awakening and to chase after things of God with such fervency - it will be as if I've never known God before. I pray for a renewed passion to run after Him, to long after Him, and to thirst for Him with such unquechable thirst that makes me desire Him as how the deer pants for streams of water. May revival come, and may it start from within my heart. May spiritual awakening come, and may it start from a weak spirit within me that longs to be awakened to the trumpet call of the Living God. May I draw closer to Him, who is my Father...my eternal Father who always gives me when I ask, who never lets me walk alone, who is always beside me and for me. My father who is eternal...my God who looks from the highest heaven.
BAPA YANG KEKAL
Kasih yang sempurna Perfect love
Telah, ku trima dari-Mu I have received from You
Bukan karna, kebaikan-ku Not because of my own goodness
Hanya, oleh kasih karunia-Mu Only because of your gift of love
Kau pulihkan aku You revived me
Layakkan-ku, tuk dapat memanggil-Mu Bapa Made me worthy to call You Father
Kau bri yang ku pinta You give what I ask
Saat ku mencari ku mendapatnya The moment I seek I find it
Ku ketuk pintu-Mu I knock at Your door
Dan Kau buka-kan And You open it
Kau-lah Bapa-ku, Bapa yang kekal You're my Father, my eternal Father
Tak kan Kau biarkan You never let me
Aku melangkah hanya sendirian Walk alone
Kau selalu ada, bagi-ku You're always with me
Kau-lah Bapa-ku, Bapa yang kekal.You're my Father, my eternal Father

4 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Hello, SB Tan !!! My name San and I’m a member of christian worship team in Korea. Last summer our team went to Sabah, Malaysia and recorded a “BAPA YANG KEKAL” song video with friends. We uploaded this video on YouTube. (https://youtu.be/sAnoWDFkQoU). I want to write this worship song’s lyrics on YouTube with Bahasa Malaysia, Korean and English. So If you don’t mind, can I use what you translate? I will write down your blog address also. Plese answer me. Thanks.

SB said...

Hi San, yes...just use it for the glory of our God. Keep in touch if you or your team would like to venture more into the indigenous ministry. ALL for the glory of JESUS

Unknown said...

Oh my lol!!!thanx a lot :)and if we go to malay whenever ~ i will tell you again thank you so much :)