Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Ministry Update 2: July 2009

I sound so fickle-minded. One minute this, one minute that. But the truth is, I am still undecided. Yes, I certainly want to remain in the BM ministry. This is a ministry that is gaining momentum right now in Peninsular Malaysia. I was in Johor and the Anglican church is looking for additional workers, not one but two. I was in Malacca and seven pastors came to the meeting wanting to know more about how they can study further to improve their ministry. After the meeting, they even asked me to send an email about the BM program so they can pass it to their friends who were not present. Last week, I received a call from Taiping, needing assistance in their BM ministry. Yes, I certainly want to continue in this ministry, but…there’s always the but. I really do not know how things in campus can be ironed out. Even the top management agreed that politics come into play and unfairness is present. So, I am asking myself…if I want to continue in the BM ministry, which platform shall I continue to serve? MBTS? But can I accept the bluntly acknowledged politicking in a Christian organization? I will constantly feel frustrated. I just prayed…truly the BM work is growing rapidly but do I have the privilege to continue in this work? Or maybe the Lord is taking me to another area of missions? The line is simply full time or part time involvement. Let’s face it, in any effort, we always need a full time person to fully develop the work. But if the effort is deemed as unimportant, there will not be a need for full time involvement. It all depends on the ministry players. And I know I can still be involved in missions, whether home or foreign, whether market place or otherwise. I sound like I am justifying a decision. But am I wrong? Wouldn’t it hurt more when unchristianness comes from Christians themselves? I have even concluded that there is no difference between the secular sector and the so-called Christian vocation. Both contain fallen human beings, stained with sin. So, what have I decided? Your guess is as good as mine…

No comments: