Thursday, December 2, 2010

Ministry Update December 2010

It seems like yesterday when we welcome 2010. We have arrived at the last month of the year and busy preparing to greet another new year. I suppose this is another season for new year resolutions that we never bother to keep. Christmas is just around the corner and the festivities are already in the air in shopping malls.

As I take a glance back at the year it was, I realized that it was a slow year for me. Transition times are slow I suppose, something a work-oriented person like me will regard as redundant times. But I am grateful to the Lord that those times enabled me to think, to plan, to organize. I am still amazed and overwhelmed by the vast potentials of the BM ministry in this country. I am grateful to the Lord for the networks and opportunities prevailing to explore and develop the work. It feels like staring at a 2000 jigsaw puzzle pieces in front of me without knowing how and where each piece belongs and how they can come together. But I am trusting the Lord and His perfect timing for the big picture to come into place.

The BM School ministry hit a “crisis” and we are at a pause right now. There are 2 possible outcomes. First, we break away from SAM network and it will mean no foreign funding and more work for me in raising funds. But this is something I am prepared for. Second option is a more popular possibility, which is to go independent and work in partnership with various seminaries and Bible Schools. I am not familiar with the history and background of this School but discovered that it was originally planned to be the Peninsular Malaysia arm for CTC, a foreign training ministry which has a base in Kuching. Apparently, CTC has affiliate itself with an American university. If SAM re-connect to its roots and original purpose, I suppose the (Peninsular Malaysia) School will also be endorsed by the university. The second option will be a better option for the growth of the School. However, it sort of contradicts my “contract” with the Anglican diocese. I’m not worried; only anxious at how God will direct this ministry. And I’m trusting Him to lead us to the best option where He will best effectively affect the potentials of this work.

I am in the field research part of my graduate studies. I’m having a lot of fun meeting and interviewing my respondents. But I’m about to conclude meeting the Christian population. Next, I’ll need to meet non-Christian respondents and I’m not sure how it will go. I’m trusting it to be just as interesting.

As expected, December is a busy month. The last weekend of November marked the first of my 7 consecutive weeks of preaching engagements at different locations…all the way till the second week in January. Christmas dinners and events are coming one after another. And just let me greet all of you a very merry and blessed Christmas, a happy and prosperous New Year. Once again,

PHP 1:3 I thank my God every time I remember you

No comments: